About Quest Ecology
Quest Ecology was founded in 1996 by Ms. Vivienne Handy. After 10 years of government agency and private consulting experience, Vivienne recognized the need for professionals with a specific focus on ecological services. As a department head with the full responsibility for management of staff and resources, she was prepared to assemble a more specialized group of environmental professionals to meet the growing need for ecological consulting.
Quest has since grown to a dedicated team of professional wetland scientists, wildlife ecologists, GIS specialists and botanists. The Quest team is large enough to handle just about any project that comes along, yet small enough to be responsive and effective. Our clients enjoy personal attention and a level of detail often not found with larger consulting firms whose focus may be on engineering or other areas, vs. ecological services. Our size and focus allow us the freedom to develop a unique skill set that combines applied science with client service.
Quest provides a full range of environmental and ecological consulting services to both private and public sector clients throughout the State of Florida. We have offices in Hillsborough County and Broward County.
Certifications & Registrations:
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) — Florida Department of Transportation
- State of Florida Woman-owned Business
- Small Business certification with numerous government agencies
- Federal System for Award Management (SAM), NAICS code 541620: Environmental Consulting Services
- US Small Business Administration: Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB)
Quest Ecology in the news
Senior Ecologist David Gordon, with Quest Ecology, talks about the reintroduction of the federal and state protected scrub jays in scrub habitats on the Mosaic well fields land bordering Duette Preserve.